Orlando Disorderly Conduct Attorney

In the wake of recent police brutality cases, political elections, and terrorist attacks, people are beginning to use their first amendment privileges more often. Though your first amendment rights are there to protect you, at times the road may become blurry as to what can be protected and what cannot be protected. In Florida, disorderly conduct, covering an array of areas, is one form of first amendment rights that are not protected and if you are charged with disorderly conduct, it could seriously affect your future. If you or a loved one are charged with disorderly conduct, it is in your best interest to contact an experienced Florida criminal law attorney to help you with your case.

Florida Disorderly Conduct Laws

Disorderly conduct or a “breach of the peace” is put in place to regulate conduct in public places, such as a street corner or a grocery store. According to Florida Statute Section 877.03, disorderly conduct consist of such acts as to corrupt the public morals, outrage the sense of public decency, affect the peace and quiet of persons who witness the conduct, or for those who engage in fighting. For those charged and convicted with the crime of disorderly conduct is guilty of a misdemeanor in the second degree. There are many scenarios that may breach the peace, however, common scenarios that may breach the peace or corrupt the peace and quiet include:

  • Public intoxication
  • Public arguments
  • Inciting a riot
  • Obstructing traffic
  • Use of extremely obscene or abusive language
  • Loitering in certain places
  • Nonviolent encounters with police officers

Under Florida law, those individuals convicted of disorderly conduct crimes may be imprisoned up to 60 days, as well as have to pay in an amount up to $500. However, the more serious your crimes, the more serious your consequences will be. Because of this it is important to seek legal advice.

Need Legal Advice?

Being charged with a crime, no matter how minor the charge, can be serious. It can affect your job, where you live, as well as permanently being on your criminal record. Depending on the form or disorderly conduct depends on whether you will have been charged with a misdemeanor or a felony. If you or a loved one have been charged with disorderly conduct, it is in your best interest to seek legal representation or advice. Contact Moses & Rooth Attorneys at Law at 407-377-0150 for an initial consultation. Let us be your voice. Contact our office today.