Orlando Restraining Order Defense Attorneys
At the Orlando, Florida, law firm of Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law, we represent all parties in civil and criminal proceedings relating to domestic violence, injunctions, restraining orders and orders for protection. Our injunction/restraining orders services most often fall into one of three areas:
- Working with alleged abusers to prevent permanent injunctions
- Defending alleged violators who are accused of violating an in-place restraining order
- Working with victims who need legal help in obtaining protection from an abuser through a restraining order
Experienced Legal Help for Alleged Abusers
Once a restraining order is in place, the person it is filed against is often barred from any contact with the filer. This doesn’t just mean you can’t go to your home or to your spouse’s/partner’s home. You also cannot:
- Call or write to your partner
- Go to the petitioner’s place of business or to places the petitioner is likely to go
- Contact the petitioner through a third party. For instance, you can’t have a buddy visit or pass a message to your partner on your behalf.
As former prosecutors, we know both sides of injunction/restraining law. This unique perspective helps us to effectively advocate for your rights before and after judges rule on whether temporary and permanent injunctions should be put in place.
Knowledgeable and Caring Legal Help for Alleged Victims
Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law is a criminal defense firm, but we also care for domestic victims. If you have been abused by a spouse or partner or by your child’s other parent, we can bring our 30+ years of combined experience to your legal challenge.