Auto and motorcycle street racing culture in Florida is unique. The frequency of street racing and the crowds it draws are largely unknown in other parts of the U.S.
Despite street racing’s popularity, its dangers are well known to the public, and law enforcement agencies and officials are under strong pressure to control it. If you have been charged with racing in Central Florida, you will likely face very determined prosecutors. You will also face strict legal penalties if you’re convicted. Penalties include:
- A suspension of your driver’s license for one year
- A minimum fine of $500
- A suspension of your driver’s license for two years and a fine of up to $1,000 if you are convicted of racing a second time within five years of your first conviction
If you or your child has been charged with racing in Central Florida, contact the attorneys of the Orlando, Florida, law firm of Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law. We can provide the cost-effective and experienced legal help you need, and can work to have your charges dismissed or reduced by:
- Questioning police officers’ versions of the alleged crime
- Interviewing passengers and other witnesses and using the testimony gathered to support your case
- Questioning the legality of statements provided to police officers
Contact an Orlando Drag Racing Arrest Attorney
By investigating and analyzing your case, we can prepare for plea bargaining or trial, and work aggressively for the defense of your rights. For a no-charge consultation with an experienced Orlando street racing defense lawyer, contact our Orlando law office.