Back to School Scholarship by the Criminal Defense Lawyers at Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law
Scholarship Value: $500
Education does many things for individuals – it gives them a voice, self-esteem, and hope for a better future. Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law, an Orlando Criminal Defense Law Firm, is offering a $500 scholarship to help one Florida resident with a criminal record get back in school and further his or her education and skills. Our Back to School Scholarship is offered for the fall 2020 academic semester.
If you’re an ex-offender and have been accepted to a program like construction management, counseling, computer science, culinary arts, graphic design, cosmetology, auto repair, or something else, then this scholarship is for you. We encourage you to apply, and look forward to reviewing your applications. Good luck!
Essay Topic: Explain what you intend to do with your program, degree or certification, and how society will benefit.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020
- Arrested and convicted of a state or federal crime.
- Accepted to a program offered by a university, college or institute.
- Hold a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Must be a legal resident of Florida.
Applicant Must Provide Following Documentation by Email or the Form Below:
- Essay Requirements:
- INTRODUCTION: 100-200 Words: Tell us who you are and why you are applying for the scholarship. Include your interests, community involvement, leadership experience, or anything that makes you special.
- SHORT ESSAY: In 400 words or more, explain what you intend to do with your program, degree or certification, and how society will benefit.
- Essay must be submitted through our form below.
- By submitting your essay, you give us consent to publish it on mosesandrooth.com
- MUST be a legal US resident.
- Unofficial Transcript: Provide an unofficial transcript of your current, or most recent academic status. If you have attended some college, then please provide an unofficial college transcript. During the selection process, you may be contacted to verify your current or past academic status with an official transcript. Please do not initially send the official copies.
- All application materials must be submitted no later than the deadline date. Materials received later will be rejected, resulting in disqualification.
We invite you to like and follow Moses and Rooth Attorney at Law on social media, such as our Facebook page, as updates will be announced on these forums. You are not required to like or follow the firm on social media in order to be eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship winner will be called directly with the announcement.
The Legal Scholarship by Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law is to be used exclusively for college tuition and related expenses. A check for $1000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s school to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
By submitting your application, the applicant grants Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law, its agents and/or representatives permission to post the applicant’s name, school or university, photo (if submitted), introduction and winning essay on the firm’s websites www.mosesandrooth.com, the firm’s various marketing platforms, including but not limited to blog, social media accounts, and websites. This includes other marketing communications in the event he or she is awarded the scholarship. We’re also granted permission to call and/or send your information regarding your application.
If you have any questions or would like to contribute additional materials, please email email@example.com. Please do not call the firm regarding the scholarship.
For information regarding past scholarship winners, click here.