Orange County Pandering Defense Attorney
Contact Lawyers Handling Sex Crime Charges for a Combined 15 Years
Pandering, also referred to as pimping, is the criminal act of enticing another by promises, threats or fraud to enter a place in which prostitution is practiced. Further:
- Florida statute 796.04 states that it's unlawful for anyone to force, compel or coerce another to become a prostitute. The prosecution may also charge the offense of deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution.
- Florida statute 796.05 makes it unlawful for any person with knowledge that another person is engaging in prostitution to live or derive support from the prostitution earnings.
Many times the act of pandering or pimping is disguised by escort services or massage services. With the explosion of tourism and corporate conferences throughout central Florida, these types of practices are spreading throughout websites such as craigslist.com and backpage.com.
Pimping/pandering is a felony crime in Florida and carries serious legal penalties, including incarceration. If you have been accused of pimping or pandering, it's important that you contact an experienced and diligent criminal defense attorney.
Lawyers Andrew Moses and Jay R. Rooth of the Orlando, Florida, law firm of Moses & Rooth Attorneys at Law have handled dozens of pimping and prostitution charge cases, both as prosecutors and as criminal defense lawyers. Our extensive and varied experience means we can effectively and knowledgeably fight your pandering charges.
For experienced pandering crime legal assistance in the Orlando area, contact the experienced trial litigators of Moses & Rooth Attorneys at Law. Call 407-377-0150 for a free consultation.
If you face pandering charges, you are likely accused of:
- Living off or deriving some income from the earnings of a prostitute
- Owning or operating a building for the purposes of prostitution
- Offering a place for prostitution to occur
- Directing or transporting a person for the purposes of prostitution
We can fully investigate your charges and work vigorously to prove your innocence. Prosecutors face numerous challenges for proving individuals are engaged in pimping and pandering. Our experience and our prosecutorial background means we can identify weaknesses in the prosecutors' cases and fight aggressively to reduce or eliminate criminal penalties. For more information and to schedule a no-charge consultation with an experienced Orlando pandering charges defense attorney, contact our offices.
Contact Moses & Rooth Attorneys at Law
Our firm's main office is conveniently located in downtown Orlando, just a few blocks from the courthouse. Contact the lawyers at Moses & Rooth Attorneys at Law by calling us at 407-377-0150. You may also complete our online contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.