Winter Park Domestic Abuse Defense Attorneys
When Criminal Charges Affect Your Life
It's always important to hire an attorney following an arrest. When your charges involve domestic violence, it's doubly important. Domestic abuse and violence charges can:
- Almost immediately cut you off from your home and family
- Be highly emotional because parties and witnesses are usually related
- Require mandatory counseling
- Involve the possibility of mandatory incarceration
- Have permanent immigration consequences
- Result in your loss of the right to carry a concealed weapon
- Lead to even more serious consequences if a conviction is "enhanced" by a previous conviction
As former prosecutors and experienced trial lawyers, the criminal defense attorneys at Moses & Rooth Attorneys at Law know the complexities that can arise in domestic violence cases. We can provide caring, experienced and effective legal help. Have you been charged with:
- The violation of a restraining order or injunction
- Domestic assault
- Child abuse
- Domestic strangulation
- False imprisonment
- Domestic battery
- Analyze your case by gathering all evidence, talking to witnesses and interviewing the alleged victim.
- Ask key questions. Was self-defense involved? The alleged victim may have struck the first blow; we can examine physical evidence and talk to witnesses to verify your account. Are there mitigating circumstances? We can assess mitigating circumstances that could allow for management classes, therapy, domestic abuse counseling and substance rehabilitation in place of fines and incarceration.
- Protect your rights. We can prepare your case for trial, should that be the best option, and address a range of complex issues like the "no contact" conditions of a bond. If a "no contact" condition prevents you from having access to your home or children, we can request that the court address the issue as quickly as possible.
For experienced legal help in addressing all issues relating to domestic violence charges, contact our firm.
Don't face domestic abuse charges alone and without experienced legal representation. From our office next to the downtown Orlando Courthouse, we represent domestic abuse clients' communities throughout Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Volusia, Brevard, Lake and Polk Counties. Contact an Orlando domestic violence defense attorney by calling 407-377-0150.