Central Florida Sex Crimes Defense Lawyers
Sexual battery charges are serious and, to the surprise of many facing these charges, do not require penetration. Even genital-to-genital contact can result in charges of sexual battery, and a conviction for this crime can lead to:
- Almost-certain prison time
- A mandatory life prison sentence if the alleged victim is under 12 years of age
- Likely inclusion with the sex offender registry
If you face sexual battery charges, it is imperative that you contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer before speaking to police officers. Police officers may:
- Interview you or obtain a statement in which your words may be manipulated, weakening your case
- Attempt to make a "controlled phone call." Controlled phone calls involve a call made by the alleged victim to the alleged perpetrator. The alleged victim will attempt to extract a confession or other incriminating statement and will be coached by a law enforcement official who will also be secretly on the line. Though this tactic may sound illegal, it is not, and any information obtained will be fully admissible in court.
At the Orlando, Florida, criminal defense law firm of Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law, we have handled numerous sex crime cases, including many sexual battery cases. We have handled cases involving relatives, family friends and numerous other parties close to the alleged victim, including alleged perpetrators who were wholly unfamiliar with the alleged victim. We combine superior and confidential client services with knowledgeable and aggressive legal help. For a no-charge consultation with an experienced sex offense attorney, contact our Orlando or New Smyrna Beach office.
Contact Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law
Our firm's main office is conveniently located in downtown Orlando, just a few blocks from the courthouse. Contact the Orlando sexual battery defense lawyers at Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law by calling us at 407-377-0150. You may also complete our online contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.